Sierra Acres is committed to staying current with COVID-19 restrictions and continue to provide safe and competent care to our clients. Appointments are available for individual sessions and Groups of 10 or less participants. We are introducing our current protocol with the intention of keeping you and us as safe as possible.
Prior to your experience at Sierra Acres
- Appointment date and time will be confirmed by email.
- Waivers and COVID-19 screening assessment will need to be reviewed and signed; returned to email@example.com
Getting ready for your experience
- As much as possible sessions will be held outside; please dress appropriately considering sunscreen, hat, bug repellant etc. If weather is not suitable outside, the session will be held in the arena. COVID protocol remains in place – physical distancing, hand sanitizer, masks. Physical distancing will be maintained – 2 metres (or 6 feet) apart.
- You MUST wear covered in shoes such as sneakers; no sandals/flip flops allowed.
- Please do not wear jewelry as it may become caught in horse’s mane or scratch horse’s skin.
- Smoking: presents a fire hazard and is only permitted near the roadway [off property] or in your car. Please be considerate and take cigarette butts with you.
- Technology: Cell phones, smart phones, MP3 players, tablets and other portable video / media / communications devices will need to be left in the car or at home.
Protocol for Your Equine Learning experience at Sierra Acres
- You will be greeted at the front gate. Please remain in your car.
- COVID-19 Screening assessment will be reviewed. NOTE: this assessment will be done before all entries to the property.
- If assessment is satisfactory, you will proceed up the driveway and park in front of the garage.
- Please remain in your car. We will get you from your car at the scheduled time.
- For youth [under the age of 18 years] -a parent or guardian is required. We ask clients to NOT bring guests or extra family members. If the youth can start the session on his/her own, the parent or guardian remain is welcome to bring their own lawn chair to sit outside if they wish. Alternative will be to remain in their car.
- Put on mask, sanitize hands.
- You will be required to provide your own mask and it must be worn when physical distancing is not possible.
- Maintaining physical distancing, you will proceed with staff member to the horses.
During your experience
- Physical distancing will be maintained. If during the session, the client wishes to remove his/her mask, please put in pocket. NOTE: physical distancing of at least 2 metres (or 6 feet) must always be maintained.
- Touching the horses is not mandatory but is welcomed by members of the herd. Please do not have any food on your person. You may not feed the horses.
At conclusion of your experience
- Next session and time will be confirmed by email
- Sanitize your hands
- Return to your car
- We ask if the client, or anyone in the household is experiencing or has had cold or flu symptoms OR If you or someone in your household has traveled outside the province within the last 14-days OR if you or anyone in your household has been exposed or has had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14-days please postpone returning.
- Physical distancing is enforced, and we ask all clients to respect these rules issued by our province. https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/factsheet/factsheet-covid-19-guide-physical-distancing.pdf?la=en
- Please know staff will not be shaking hands or have any contact in respect of physical distancing protocols.
We will be sanitizing all equipment used by clients including doorknobs, handles, washrooms, brushes, halters, lead ropes, etc., between all clients.
- Please note, we are doing all that we can to lower the risk of transmission of COVID-19. However, be aware, as presented by all levels of government, there is still risk of contracting the virus when leaving the home so we strongly encourage all those who wish to return to sessions, practice conscious hygiene, physical distancing, and increase awareness of these risks associated. If you are not comfortable resuming sessions currently, please do not feel obligated.** Safety Plan is subject to changes at anytime – clients will be notified by email. **